An important element of our work is to engage our alumni and community with monthly performance opportunities. To this end, we collaborate with Dog Tag Bakery and the Virginia Beer Company to offer consistent Veterans Open Mics in DC and Hampton Roads. In addition, we often host performances in partnership with local colleges, arts organizations, performance venues, businesses, and non-profit organizations. An overview of our Spring '17 community performances is detailed below.
5/16 - Comedy Performance AT IDGA VA Healthcare conference
- What: Comedy Bootcamp alumni Ty Bratton, Michael Garvey, and Isaura Ramirez will perform and speak on a panel at the gala for the annual IDGA VA Healthcare Conference.
- When: Tuesday, May 16th | 6:30PM - 7:30PM.
- Where: Sheraton Pentagon City, 900 S. Orme Street, Arlington, VA.
- Tickets: This is a private event exclusively for those attending the IDGA VA Healthcare Conference.
5/18 - Comedy Show AT Bunker Labs, Muster Across America
- What: Alumni of Comedy Bootcamp will serve as the evening entertainment at the Chicago event on Bunker Labs' Muster Across America Tour.
- When: Thursday, May 19th | 6:00PM - 7:00PM.
- Where: 1871, 222 W. Merchandise Mart Plaza, 12th Floor, Chicago, IL
- Tickets: Tickets for the event can be reserved by following the link below!
5/19 - VETERANS COMEDY SHOW AT The Torpedo Factory
- What: Stand-up comedy performance featuring Comedy Bootcamp alumni at one of the country's most unique arts venues.
- When: Friday, May 19th | Doors open 7:30PM, show starts 8PM
- Where: The Torpedo Factory Art Center, 105 N Union St, Alexandria, VA
- Tickets: Tickets are $15 online and $20 at the door. Proceeds will benefit ASAP's future programs.
5/23 - VETERANS COMEDY SHOW with Military Mental Health Caucus
- What: Special veterans comedy show and panel hosted in conjunction with the Congressional Military Mental Health Caucus.
- When: Tuesday, May 23rd | Show starts at 1PM sharp
- Where: Cannon House Office Building, Room 122, Washington, DC
- Seating: Please e-mail email@example.com to reserve your seat.
6/6 - Barclays NYC Comedy Show
- What: An all-star line-up of veteran comedians from the Daily Show, Nightly Show, GIs of Comedy, and Comedy Bootcamp take the stage for a performance benefiting ASAP's future programs
- When: Tuesday, June 6th | Doors open at 6PM, show starts at 6:30PM
- Where: Gotham Comedy Club, 208 W. 23rd Street, New York, NY
- Tickets: General Admission tickets ($50) and Open Bar tickets ($200) can be reserved online, and may not be available at the door
6/12 - Start Up, Stand Up @ Metro Stage
- What: Hear from military veterans looking to make it big as they pitch to a panel of VIP judges for a $3500 prize AND standup acts from the Armed Services Arts Partnership who will have you laughing your socks off throughout the evening.
- When: Monday, June 12th at 5:30PM
- Where: Metro Stage, 1201 N Royal St # D, Alexandria, VA 22314
- Tickets: Tickets are $15 online and at the door.
6/13 - Veterans Open Mic @ Dog Tag
- What: This month's open mic will be focused on the theme Not What You Think - stories, songs, and comedy that defy people's expectations about the veteran and military experience. We invite all veterans, service members, military families, and caregivers to apply to perform or read their work. To be considered, please complete this brief interest form.
- When: Tuesday, June 13th | Doors open at 6:30PM, show starts at 7PM
- Where: Dog Tag Bakery, 3206 Grace St. NW, Washington, DC
- Tickets: Tickets are $10 online and at the door. All proceeds benefit ASAP and Dog Tag Bakery, respectively.
6/24 - Veterans Comedy Show on a Roof
- What: Comedy on a roof? They said it couldn't be done. Well, they were wrong. Up Top Acres and the Armed Services Arts Partnership (ASAP) are joining forces to host a special Veterans Comedy Show at one of Up Top's rooftop farms. This performance will feature comedians who have graduated from ASAP's Comedy Bootcamp program, the first stand-up comedy class in the country for veterans.
- When: Saturday, June 24th | Doors open at 7:30PM, show starts at 8PM
- Where: The Farm at 55 M Street, 55 M Street Southeast, Washington, DC 20003
- Tickets: Tickets are $15 online and $20 at the door.
Partner With Us
If you are associated with a college, arts organization, performance venue, business, or non-profit based in the D.C. and Hampton Roads areas, we would love to collaborate to host a show. Please e-mail all performance partnership inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. In our e-mail, please include background on your organization, the type of performance that you would like to host, and your proposed venue for the show.